Monday, January 19, 2009

Ahh! What was that??

Yesterday I had a couple of "firsts."

1) Someone told me for the first time yesterday that I have a little "pooch" now. I'm taking it as a compliment, haha...

2) I think I felt the baby moving!!!!!
I'm not 100% sure because I don't really know what a baby feels like moving inside of you, but yesterday after church Taiyo and I laid down to take a nap and before I fell asleep I suddenly felt a weird pressure moving around in my belly, a bit on the left side, just below my belly button level. As soon as I felt it my eyes popped wide open and I laid completely still to try to focus on it and see if I could tell if it was really the baby or not. I've heard people say it's kind of like gas bubbles, so that's what I've been kind of expecting, but this was a little different than I expected. It wasn't "bubbly" or "gurgley" at all, just the same feeling of pressure as when gas moves around... but I've never felt it without the somewhat gurgley feeling though, so this felt different. It lasted a good 5 seconds or more.
I put my hands down on my belly and in fact the hard part (whatever it's called) was exactly in that spot, popping out the left side of my belly, while the right side was softer... ok maybe that sounds weird but i just mean that the baby was in fact in the spot where I felt the "moving." If it really was the baby, it was like he/she was stretching or moving around, rather than any little kick or anything. I guess when I get further along and learn to recognize it, I'll be able to look back and know if this was really my first time feeling baby or not. I hope it was! I got so excited about it!!! :D

2 comments:

Kristina said...

That's so exciting~!

kasey kaufusi said...

hey samantha, i have a blog too and i just saw on facebook that you have one! im so excited for you to have a cute little tongan baby they are my favorite you know. anyways just wanted to say hi